- The GM industry has not marketed a single GM crop with enhanced nutrition, drought-tolerance, salt-tolerance or any of the other "beneficial" traits long-promised by the industry.
- Disease-tolerant GM crops are practically non-existent.
- There are no commercially available GM crops designed for biofuels.
- None of the GM crops on the market are modified for increased yield potential.
- Some studies show GM crops actually reduce yield.
Despite this reality, there's a mania for GM crops in some circles.
This uncritical enthusiasm is fostered by sophisticated and well-funded public relations and by a desire for silver bullet solutions to complex problems.
Do GM crops match the hype?