Aren't Unilever still members of Europabio... conflict of interest? Bestfoods also connect to SIRC - which may give the latter a conflict!
UK: Unilever gets all organic in the UK
14 Mar 2001
Source: just-food.com editorial team
Unilever has moved into the organic foods market with the purchase of a majority shareholding in Scottish organic food company Go Organic Ltd. Unilever Bestfoods UK, formed by the merger of Van den Bergh Foods Ltd and Bestfoods UK Ltd., will hold a 90% share in Go Organic. Founders Charlotte Mitchell, former Chair of the Soil Association and nutritionist Sheila Ross, will meanwhile retain the remaining 10%. The business will continue to be run from Edinburgh Go Organic markets a range of organic foods including pasta sauces, soups and curries. Its products are currently available in Organic and Natural food shops as well as Waitrose and some Sainsburys. __
Gavin Neath, Chairman of Unilever Bestfoods UK said: "We are committed to offering our consumers a wider choice of products and this deal means we can now offer a variety of products in the fast growing organic sector. We are truly excited to be working together with acknowledged experts in this field."